Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sin City:A Dame to Kill For

With the movie Sin City A Dame to Kill For coming out this weekend I decided to go through my long box of comics to find the series it's based on its a noir style story about lost love, betrayal, revenge and a whole lot of violence by the legendary Frank Miller. They were right there all of the 6 issues in their bags since I 1st bought them back in 1993.I was planning on re reading the series before I see the movie but decided against it because it's been so long since I read it I've forgotten alot of what happened so I'd like to be surprised when I watch the movie.
If you've see the 1st movie and read the 1st series you know it was a panel for panel, word for word adaptation from the comic.That made it fun to watch but then I knew what was coming next, that's why I put these comics back cause I'm sure this movie will be the same way and I'd like to watch it without knowing every little thing that's going to happen.I have to warn you yes its a "comicbook movie" but no one's flying around in tights and there's no talking raccoon or tree but I think you should still check it out but its not everyone's cup of tea but  I'll definitely will be checking it out.
Until next time my friends stay geeky and hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment