Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Connooga 2015

Every year during the last weekend in February here in Chattanooga Tn. there's a Scfi convention called Con Nooga. Todd Patton started the convention back in 2008 and since then it keeps getting bigger every year.Writers,artist,actors and vendors from around the country came to attend this year's Con Nooga.This being my  1st time attending I wasn't sure what to expect especially after going to bigger Cons like Motor City-Con in Detroit or Dragoncon in Atlanta but I was pleasantly surprised.

It's held in the Chattanooga Convention center in the heart of downtown with nearby hotels and within walking distance of bars and restaurants for when you need to take a break. Some of the benefits it being a "smaller" Con are,price only $60 for the weekend or $30 for 1 day pass.You don't have to line up an hour or more to get into a panel even though some did get packed quick like the Attack on Titan panel and the Star Wars vs Star Trek debate which was a more somber event with the death of Leonard Nimoy the day before.One young lady almost broke down in tears talking to me about the panel and Mr Nimoy,yeah it was a little awkward considering I didn't know her. That's what's so great about Cons they bring together people who are passionate about scfi,comics, gaming and cosplay there was even a Brony panel,a Brony is a guy who's into "My Little Pony "yes it's a thing don't judge.
A few highlights from my weekend at Con Nooga were sitting in the "66" Batmobile with the Penguin,peeking inside the TARDIS and yes it is bigger on the inside and of course meeting some cool people and geeking out with them.
I had so much fun I can't wait for next February and Con Nooga 16.
Until next time my friends stay geeky and hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment