Monday, April 30, 2012

You Gonna Eat Your Cornbread?

This past weekend my wife and I went to a little town called South Pittsburg TN.to check out their biggest event The Cornbread Festival.Yes I said Cornbread Festival and it's exactly what it sounds like there's a cook off,live bands and a area called "Cornbread Alley"you buy a plate $4 and walk along and get samples of different types of cornbread there was even one with sour cream and onions in it.
The entire town shuts down for the weekend the only thing bigger in town is when high school football starts.
The best part for me was getting to try the other "treats" that was there and deep fried.I've always heard about some these but now that we've moved to the south I get to try em.1st up was deep fried Oreos "oh my goodness oh my goodness!"and it was the Oreos with the chocolate filling too.Next was deep fried Snicker bar I don't know how they did it and I don't care I just know it was like tasting "Heaven"other fried goodies were pickles,chicken on a stick and believe it or not deep fried pizza!!!
I know it's not healthy but how often do you get to eat like that?From what I hear there's the Strawberry Festival and The Riverbend Festival coming up soon and if they have the same types of deep fried goodness I'm there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment